To be among the leading research universities in the country
The mission of ORIC at MCKRUT is to promote a vibrant, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment for conducting quality research with an aim to grow knowledge economy, Strengthen university-industry linkages to formulate collaborative ventures with the corporate community
The Mir Chakar Khan Rind University of Technology, Dera Ghazi Khan established Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) in 2019 with the purpose to design, apply and monitor all the research activities that are helpful in promoting research culture within the university particularly and in Pakistan generally.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Keeping in view of the mission, following objectives have been laid out for ORIC:
- Supporting the university’s strategic research directions and policies.
- Increasing and diversifying external research funding.
- Improving integration of research and education at all levels of the university.
- Improving translation of research into the public benefit.
- Strengthening university-industry relationships
- Promoting entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities that energize and support the local and national economy.
- Promoting and enhancing cross-cutting and multi-disciplinary research initiatives.